Watercolor Eye Study 2


Watercolor on 4 x 6" cold-press paper. Another eye study - these are super fun to make! I love having just a single focus with a simple white background, this is what I consider stress-free painting. Too much visual information just overwhelms me when I'm trying to paint. Though I would like to eventually be making more completed, complex paintings.

Had a few hiccups with the water on this one. Actually spilled my cup of water on it right after I completed it and was about to peel the tape. That activated some purple paint that was dried on the masking tape and stained a bit on the left side of the painting. Whoops. Also messed up the paper a bit trying to lift the stain off. Double whoops. Mistakes happen, I'm just thankful it was a quick study piece and not something I had been working on for hours.

I listed the (gently flawed) original in my Etsy shop for a bit of a discount. I also added prints to the Society6 shop too, the great thing about prints is I can digitally edit out all the little mistakes :)

Comments

Popular Posts