Day 6 - May 29, 2017 - 5 x 7" Oil Painting of Flower

On Memorial Day, I painted this red flower I found in my boyfriend's mom's garden. 5 x 7" canvas panel. I feel like I'm starting to get a little more comfortable using oil paint, at least when it comes to single flowers.

The background came out more interesting on this one. It was a flat green, then I experimented with adding some yellow and orange tones to the top left corner, and payne's grey and vermillion from the flower into the bottom right. I think this made it flow a lot better, before I did that the piece looked like a flower just floating on a background. But with the tones from the flower added, I think it really helped bring it all together.

Learning something new every day.

Speaking of every day, I realize I haven't been posting every day. Realistically, this is how it will be. I usually do paint something each day, but I may not always have to time to post about it. Or it may just be a fail that I'd like to keep for myself that day. I will post as often as I can, though ;)

Amanda
www.amandajfrench.com

Comments

Popular Posts