Day 1 - May 22, 2017 - Berry Branch in Gouache

Hi there,

A fresh new blog for a personal art project I am beginning for myself. Inspired by Carol Marine's book Daily Painting: Paint Small and Often to Become a More Creative, Productive, and Successful Artist.

While I am a fiber artist full time and run my own yarn and woven art shop, painting has been something I first took interest in as a kid. Recently that urge to paint has been coming back up, but I've been stifling it in order to focus completely on my yarn business.

I've finally decided to take the plunge and follow my heart. Creating something small each day, and posting those paintings here and on Instagram. I'm even going to be giving oil painting a try, which is something I've always wanted to learn but haven't yet due to intimidation. No fear. Just diving in and seeing what happens.

I'll be listing most of the paintings I post here up for sale in my Etsy shop.

Today's small painting is this 8.5 x 5.5" gouache painting of some berries I found in the local park:


It is available to purchase here.

I took a trip to Michael's yesterday for some oil painting supplies, and the rest is coming in the mail tomorrow. I'm so excited! Hoping the oil painting goes smoothly. See you again tomorrow for my next daily painting ~

Amanda J. French
www.amandajfrench.com

Comments

Popular Posts