Ink and Watercolor Abstract Background 1


I recently purchased a new set of watercolors, Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 pan set. It includes some gorgeous metallic hues which I just had to try out with this abstract background. I love doing flowing backgrounds like this to test out new colors and see how they flow in the water. Used India Ink for the black (which is also REALLY fun to just drip onto wet paper and see what shapes it makes) and speckled on the pearlescent silvery color that is in the watercolor set. 

Love the saturation I got from the colors, this is going to be a great set for painting bright colored things like flowers, abstract shapes and galaxies. Maybe I'll add it to colorful bits in portraits, though the colors may be a bit too bright to make nice skin tones. I'd still like to try that out, though.

I have the original of this for sale in my Etsy shop.

Also have this background printed on iPhone cases and more in my Society6 shop.

Comments

Popular Posts